So...since the Angry Bird Cake Pops Have been my #1 post for months now I decided to do 5 days of the cutest Easter cake pops I can find! So this first recipe is the basic cake pop Ingredients and Directions which can be used as the basis of all the cake pop recipes to come in the following days! Then over the next 5 days I'll be posting all the cutest most adorably lovable cake pop creations alive...well not really alive but most definitely lovable!
Ingredients for basic Cake Pops:
1 Betty Crocker cake mix (and ingredients called for on the box)
Candy Melts1 foam block for drying and displaying cake pops
1) Bake cake according to package directions. Let cool.
2) Once cake is cooled, crumble cake into a fine mixture using your hands.
3) Pour crumbled cake into a large bowl and mix in 3/4 of a container of vanilla frosting.
4) Mix with a spoon or your hands until thoroughly combined. Roll into desired shape.
5) Melt candy melts according to package directions. Dip lollipop sticks in melted candy melts just slightly and push inside the cake ball. This helps secure the stick in the cake ball. Place in the fridge for about 15 minutes to harden.6) Dip and coat hardened cake balls in candy melts and tap stick against the side of the bowl to shake off the excess. Push lollipop stick into the foam block to dry.