Friday, March 18, 2011

A few of my favorite store bought finds, I love these because they taste homemade and all are a great value!

So some of these are local to St. Louis but all can be purchased online, not only have I tried all of these but I swear by them and use them often!

Zia’s Pasta Sauce

This is a local product from “The Hill” an area in St. Louis known for incredible Italian food. The Sauce is Hearty and full of garlic, onion and mushrooms with just a hint of sweetness.  This is my go to sauce for an Italian feast. Try though I may I can’t make a better sauce then this one!
Krusteaz Natural Honey Cornbread

I like my Cornbread really moist, fluffy and sweet. I have tried a lot of Cornbread mixes but this one is my favorite. Great for muffins or baked in a cast iron pan. Try adding jalepeno’s to the mix for a spicy kick!

Gourmet Garden Cilantro Herb Blend

I love to make homemade guacamole, yum! I stumbled upon this cilantro herb blend a while back at my local supermarket, tried it and loved it! First, it is blended with lime so it already contains the lime cilantro flavor that you want to add to your guacamole. Second, it stays fresh for about 3 weeks! Gourmet Garden distributes many other herb blends, Italian herb, red pepper, garlic, Thai, Moroccan and many, many more!

www.gourmetgarden.com


Martha White Muffin Mix’s
Don’t get me wrong, there are lots of great Muffin Mix’s to chose from these days but personally I like Martha White Mix’s with tons of different flavors to choose from because the mix tastes great and I can buy them for about $.99! I like to doctor up the mix by adding my own streusel type topping. (See my blueberry cheesecake muffin recipe on the recipes page of the blog)
Hacienda Salsa
Another St. Louis favorite! Hacienda is known for excellent Mexican cuisine and now they are selling their fabulous Salsa and Chips in almost all of our local markets as well as online! Try toasting Hacienda Chips under the broiler in your oven for about 2-3 minutes. They taste fresh and delicious! 


Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Yellow Cake Mix

This is my favorite cake mix. It tastes homemade with a light fluffy buttery flavor, I serve this cake iced with Magnolia’s Bakery ButterCream Frosting (See recipe’s page)



That’s all for now, thanks for reading and I’ll be back with more of my favorite store bought finds soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment