· 8 slices center cut thick bacon
1/2 cup brown sugar
For the cookies:
· 2 1/4 cups flour
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 3/4 cup butter, melted
· 1/2 cup white sugar
· 1 cup brown sugar
· 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
· 1 whole egg
· 1 egg yolk
· 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place bacon in a single layer on a foil lined sheet.
3. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of bacon strips. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until crispy, making sure to turn bacon over after 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack for cooling. Once bacon has cooled chop it finely.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
6. Sift flour and baking soda.
7. In a medium bowl, cream butter with the white and brown sugar.
8. Add vanilla, egg, and egg yolk to the bowl and beat until light and creamy.
9. Add flour mixture and mix well.
1 Add diced candied bacon and chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
1 Place golf ball sized balls of dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cookies sit on the pan for a couple of minutes before placing on a wire rack.