Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Easter Bunny Cake Pops

Thanks again to Bakerella for these adorable Easter Bunny Cake Pop’s!


Check out those ears! I found some pastel “Bunny Corn” at The Fresh Market. SCORE! Yes, it really said that on the container. So cute. The name alone practically made me buy them, not to mention, as soon as I saw them, I thought … bunny pops. By the way, I have a new appreciation for candy corn. Growing up, these were always shunned at Halloween. I mean orange and brown candy never really appealed to me. But this year, I actually ate some at Thanksgiving when I made Turkey Cake Pops and was sold. I had always thought… assumed… they were hard candies. But they’re not. They’re soft little bites of sugar.
They’re actually good and taste even better in pretty colors! I can’t quit looking at them. They just make me happy!
Now, if you were really ambitious, you could make bunnies in coordinating candy corn colors. Blue bunnies, yellow bunnies, pink bunnies and even green ones. Not me. It was enough in pink and white. Those of you that have made pops before know what I mean.

 I hope you can find the bunny corn somewhere, but if not, just check out a candy aisle near you and get creative for the bunny ears.
I made these with a strawberry cake mix for convenience. Now, I’m not a big strawberry fan, but they were extra YUMMY!
Here’s what I used to decorate:

Pink Candy Melts
White Candy Melts
Jumbo Heart Sprinkles
Pastel Confetti Sprinkles
Pink, Blue & Black edible ink pens
Paper Lollipop Sticks
Styrofoam Block
Paramount Crystals
Pastel Candy Corn
Toothpicks

To decorate:

Shape the balls into a bunny head shape.
Dip in candy coating color of your choice and let dry.
Use the rounded side of a cookie cutter and cut of the end of the candy corn. Dip the end in a little bit of the melted candy coating and adhere it to the top of the bunny head. Hold in place until it sets. If your candy coating isn’t too hot, this should just take a few seconds.
Let the bunny heads with ears sit in the styrofoam block until all the ears are dry.
When dry, use a little bit of melted candy coating to glue the facial features on. Use a toothpick and dab a little of the coating in position for the eyes and nose and adhere the sprinkles.
When the eyes and noses are dry, use your pens to draw on the mouth. Then draw on the eye color and pupils.

Note: Make sure you read the Basic Cake Pop Recipe prior to making these cute bunnies!

No comments:

Post a Comment